Tuesday, July 24, 2007

1.) Seasons

When fall begins to show its face in late summer, you recognize the signs by the color of the trees, the crisp bite in the air, and the lingering dampness that the sun used to evaporate away in the heat of the day. None of those things alone are enough to make you stop and say, "wow, the season has really changed," but, when combined, it's impossible to miss the imminent change ahead. A lot of the time, life is exactly the same.



I have been in Korea for exactly eight months (as of yesterday). I have worked a job, gotten involved in a church, met tons of friends, and lived a life worth envying... at least I'd like to think so. However, none of those things have been captured by my blog, which you may or may not have noticed. However, just as the aggregate signs around point to a changing of the seasons, the past month or so has seen its fair share of changes, which have added together to mark a pretty drastic change in my life. So, though I am still in Korea and have no strong intention of packing up and flying home in the near future, the things I have experienced have led me to start putting into words what life is like for me over here, and document some of the remarkable things that have happened and are still happening around me.
Just like the shape of the landscape, the size of the trees, and the scope of the surrounding civilization do not change terribly much when fall conquers summer but rather show a different perspective of the reality of the dynamics of a particular environment, so my life still resembles itself from a year ago, only it can now be seen from a different perspective.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

about freakin time....now keep with it.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home