Sunday, November 19, 2006

Cambodian Bus Ride

So it's been a few days since I've been able to post anything... After being at Siem Reap in Cambodia, I took a bus back to Phnom Penh. On the way up to Siem Reap I took a more expensive bus that was huge, had air conditioning, a bathroom, and served breakfast, and made only one stop at a nice diner for lunch. It cost $9. On the way back, however, I decided to save a few bucks... The bus picked me up, and the first things I noticed was that the AC was provided by the front door and a few sky lights being open. Using the bathroom happened at one of the 20 stops we made on the way.
The lunch stop was at a large shack at the side of an otherwise very local town. I took a walk behind the kitchen area to see what was brewing... a big pot of noodles, and a big pot of something else. I figured I have to make sure I have things to talk about, so I ordered some. I still don't know exactly what it was, but I think I've determined that there were several different types of animal parts, including livers and perhaps intestines. So when that wonderful stop was complete, I spent the next four ours on the bus wondering if I would be regretting it. But everything turned out ok. That bus cost $5.

When I got back to Phnom Penh, I washed some clothes, and packed for a trip to Vietnam (which is where I am currently). Kyle joined me the next day, and we rolled out early the next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home